Sunday, March 20, 2016

((( MORMON CHAT ABOUT THE BIBLE )))







Lee (I am L)

Caroline

3 More ▼
End
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
What would you like to talk about?
L
I have a quick question for you
3:23 PM
Now chatting with Caroline
L
I am not a Mormon, but I'm curious. Do you Mormons believe the Bible to be the Word of God?
3:23 PM
R
sure! hi, how are you?
3:23 PM
yes, we also believe book of mormon, have you heard book of mormon?
L
First let's discuss the Bible
3:24 PM
Okay, share with me Biblical verses stating SPECIFICALLY that it is the Word of God
Where, in the Bible, does it first say that it is the Word of God?
I can think of NO SUCH BIBLICAL REFERENCES
The concept of the Bible being the Word of God is a myth. Unless, of course, you can convince me otherwise

I'm willing to change my view

I believe there is an Intelligent Designer of the Universe though my near-death experiences, not through some preacher reading words from a book

Still, I just saw a video where a Christian was boldly saying that the Bible is the Word of God. Well, let's see that concept backed up with Biblical Scripture!!

The only possible way you can say these are MY words is to publicly verify exactly who I am and have me write similar words to prove I am the person who wrote these words
3:30 PM

You can't do that with God. You can't pin God down and directly verify that God wrote ANYTHING

To say the Bible is the Word of God is to say God wrote the Bible. That is a myth, not a fact. It is a THEORY not unlike the THEORY of evolution. You can't see a monkey-like creature turn into a human and you can't see God writing ANYTHING. At least not in this world. Or, at least, I haven't
3:31 PM

People who say the Bible is the Word of God are not unlike people who blindly say Darwinian evolution is a fact. Neither side can prove their assertion. However, they staunchly believe on the merits of BLIND FAITH
So, any comments?
3:39 PM

R
sorry for late reply!
3:46 PM

L
It's okay. I have tremendous respect for the Book of Mormon
3:46 PM
I consider it a literary classic written by the same spiritual author of the Bible, but...I could be wrong.
I feel the only thing that truly matters in all respective "Holy Books" is any teaching that inspires one to do and be good, wholesome and positively productive

R
ok, we would live to help you more. but we need to go now.if you want, we send the local missionary to help you learn more or we can keep contact with you.
3:48 PM

L
This whole matter of people being so hung up on books is the stuff of 'HOLY WARS'. It is not good for humanity to be so certain their respective books are the "Word of God" and all other such books are of the devil. That is the doctrine that has led to MILLIONS OF HORRIBLE DEATHS. It is a hellspawn doctrine, as far as I am concerned
3:49 PM

R
would you like to meet missionary, let the missionary to help you learn more?
3:49 PM

L
I would rather settle this here, if possible
3:50 PM

R
ok, would you mind we transfer you to other sisters?
3:50 PM

L
Yeah, okay

*I got tired of waiting and ended the chat