Tuesday, October 13, 2015

((( WONDER WOMAN AND THE TEMPLE OF THE SUN )))





As I have stated before, putting a head on a stock character, in the CrazyTalk Animator Pro program, is rather easy. It is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to create an entire puppet from a photo. The Charlie Chaplin creation took quite a bit of experimentation and I didn't dare use some of the established puppet movements as certain body parts tended to react in very strange ways.

Well, that was nothing compared to this project. THE ABSOLUTELY MOST DIFFICULT THING is attempting to animate a photo where there is a lot of flesh exposed. That is the worst I have encountered! You can hide a lot when animating a photo of a clothed figure. Not so easy when using a photo of Wonder Woman Lynda Carter. It was SOOOOOOO difficult it really almost drove me nuts. However, I just couldn't give up. I had to finish what I started and finish I did with very grand results. I'm quite proud of this creation that I call:


WONDER WOMAN AND THE TEMPLE OF THE SUN


Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) is the person singing this version of Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Of all the songs she has sung this seems the most appropriate for the animation so I bought it from Amazon and used it in the creation of the animation video.

It is said that the truly “enlightened” are very detached beings. Well, I have NEVER seen a Wonder Woman video where she was more 'detached' than in this one. I was going 'crazy' trying to keep her left-foot and left-hand on. Finally I decided to spoof the problem using the planet Jupiter to give everybody watching the video a clue of how much trouble I was having. Sheesh!! Man, was it ever difficult!! I got a taste of how difficult it must have been to create the original South Park animations using cut out characters and having to create the animation frame-by-frame. That's practically what I had to do. Frame-by-frame corrections in order to keep her left-leg and left-hand on and the right size. I finally half gave up and decided to spoof the problem rather than drive myself completely nuts trying to always correct it. Silly stuff.

The more you suffer to create something the more proud you are of the final result. Well, I sure suffered creating this video and I am proud of the final, silly result. Hope you enjoy it. There is a heck of a lot going on in this video. You can watch it from a number of different perspectives. For example, you can watch it from the perspective of the backup singing planet and ignore the rest. You can watch it from the perspective of the backup dancers, which is a silly perspective, and ignore everything else past that point. You can watch it from the perspective of Wonder Woman singing. Or you can watch it from the perspective of Wonder Woman's strangely detached body parts. No matter how you may choose to watch it I say: It's still rather silly.